Tuesday 23 May 2017

Adagio Teas: Snow White


One of the loveliest and most rewarding aspects of being a tea blogger is the faith that tea companies show me when they send me samples of their tea. I appreciate every single sample. As you all know tea is a huge passion of mine and blogging comes a close second.

So, it does warm my heart a little when I am approached by staff of tea companies asking if I'd like samples to feature here on the blog. Last week, during one of the craziest weeks ever, I had a conversation with a lovely lady, Danielle from Adagio Tea's UK asking if I'd like some samples. She very kindly asked what sorts of tea's I like and put together a beautiful package.

Within this package is this extraordinary and very beautiful tea caddy. It comes from their Fairy Tales range and contains their fabulous Snow White tea.  

Each fabulous caddy contains fifteen silky pyramid teabags stuffed full of tasty tea.


Snow White tea is a green rooibos tea. Now, I will admit that I have tried rooibos tea and I wasn't exactly thrilled with it (which is why there are not many reviews of rooibos here on the blog) however, this is green rooibos tea, and having never tried green rooibos tea, was excited at the thought of trying something new.

I will begin this review of this luscious fruity tea by saying that I am mad about fruit in tea. Whether it be orange, strawberry, apple or cherry and thankfully this wonderful tea has quite a few fruits included as ingredients.

When I opened the caddy at first the aroma of apple was lovely. It has a natural feel to it, as fresh as if it had been picked yesterday. I followed the instructions very closely on this tea and infused it for a full five minutes to get the absolute best from this blend.

Upon first sipping it is indeed the apple flavour that comes through first and foremost. It's very unique actually as at first the apple is very sweet, but there is a gentle kick afterwards where it has a slight tartness to it, already creating a depth of flavour within the first few seconds of drinking and which leaves your mouth feeling refreshed and cleansed.

As I consumed more of the tea the rich (and it's gloriously rich) taste of cherry came through. It's just so utterly scrummy and very moreish. I like how cherry works well with the apple to create a well balanced tea that has both sweet and slightly tart elements. I think too much of one element would knock this blend off balance but it is perfectly matched.

Interweaving through the tea, like a magic thread, is the ever so gorgeous flavour of coconut. It's not hugely strong, not overly present, it's certainly not the flavour that comes through first but it's in the background adding yet another twist to this interesting tea. And without it it wouldn't be the tea it is.

But what is REALLY exciting about this blend that it does have that slightly grassy element that green tea has. For me, as a green tea lover, I find this wonderful. All of my favourite things coming together in one teabag!

This tea has the same elements that you'd expect in a fruit tea yet has the substance of a rooibos so it's the best of both worlds. Both satisfying with the body of a good tea but with that lightness that you get with a fruit tea. Fresh and refreshing it's ideal as the days start to warm up.

As this is a rooibos tea this has no caffeine either, so it's a really great blend for those who are wanting to cut out caffeine, or want to have a tasty cup of tea before bed without the worry that the caffeine may keep you awake.

This tea is simply gorgeous in so many ways and I'm really surprised that I enjoyed the rooibos. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of rooibos on it's own, however with the addition of the fruity flavours it really is a gorgeous blend.

There are more tea's in the Fairy Tales range and they really do interest me, so I'll be looking into purchasing some in the future to feature on the blog. They are worth it for the caddy's alone, let alone the delicious tea that they contain.

As the really hot summer months (or days, I am in England after all!) approach this makes for the most perfect tea. And the tea is a snip, at £7 for 15 temples and a wonderful caddy. Gone on, treat yourself .... you deserve it!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment