Tuesday 26 September 2017

A Hello From Laura

I've just spotted that it's been a few months since I last blogged about tea. How time flies when you get older, eh?

This summer has been crazy and busy. And I have been tired to a level that has been unbelievable. Tea drinking has been constant, but I've lacked the energy and gumption to blog about tea. That passion has never, ever left me and I've truly missed blogging but I just couldn't seem to summon up the energy to do it. In addition it's been a really hot summer as well which hasn't helped.

However, things have settled (and cooled) down a little bit and I am very eager and keen to get back to my two major passions - tea and writing about tea. I just love it and it makes me happy

This week I've been on holiday from work and have drunk pot after pot after pot of tea. And it brings me as much joy as it always does. Rummaging through the tardis of a tea cupboard I've discovered tea's that I have forgotten that I had and it's like discovering them all over again.And I have loved every second.

Today I received a email that both surprised me, shocked me and probably is the main spark that has ignited my excitement for tea blogging - CHRISTMAS! Amazingly Twining's are the first tea company to put this year's Christmas blends out on their website. From what I can see they are exactly the same as last years, but I will be checking back to see if anything new and exciting is added.

As autumn rolls in, the nights get darker and the air crisper I cannot wait to see what this autumn brings in the line of new tea's. I'm beyond excited at the prospect. There is so much opportunity out there for companies to create fabulous tea's and for us who love tea to enjoy them.

And into the new year there is the next National Tea Day which I will (hopefully) be attending.

So things are looking exciting in the tea world and I can't wait to get started to bringing these reviews to all of you lovely folk who read this blog.

And I'd also like to take this chance to thank those readers who wrote in asking how I was doing after noticing a lack of posts since June. Your thoughtful emails and concern was very touching indeed.

So, here's to more tea drinking and tea reviews. I am so excited to get started!

2 comments:

  1. I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK TO REVIEWING, LAURA. YOU'VE BEEN MUCH MISSED OVER THE SUMMER. THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO MY EMAIL AND I HOPE THINGS ARE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL FOR YOU. I'M SORRY TO HEAR YOU'VE BEEN SO STRESSED THIS SUMMER. I HOPE YOU HAVE A NEW EARL GREY FOR ME TO TRY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tony!

      You're so very sweet - sending you a virtual hug! And say hi to the Mrs for me, too!

      Indeedy, I have tried a new Earl Grey this summer and I believe it's right up your street (will email you the info!). A review will be up tomorrow evening. Come back tomorrow to read all about it ....

      Delete